We’re hiring! Supporter Relations Officer (Fundraiser)
August 11, 2017
The Campaign for Social Science, part of the Academy of Social Sciences, is looking for a Fundraiser to pursue fundraising pledges from existing supporters, gain new pledges and develop relationships.
This is an exciting time for the Campaign and a key moment in its growth and development. We were established in 2011 to promote the use of social science in public policy making and in wider society. We rely on funding from a broad supporter base, of which Universities form the largest part. This takes the form of a mix of annual, one off and recurring donations. Funding is raised for both core activities and specific, project related ones.
Funding approaches are made typically by letter to senior university management eg Vice Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Faculty Dean. This requires an ability to construct a case for support and articulate it persuasively in writing.
The post-holder will be a crucial first point of contact for supporters and will be responsible for the organisation of fundraising asks and administration of income and supporter records in ThankQ CRM. There is a great deal of autonomy in how the work is carried out, day to day. The role sits within a small, supportive team, overseen by the Office and Membership Manager, to whom this role reports.
Carrying out the Campaign’s fundraising activities through:
- Copywriting for letters and funding proposals
- Submission and administration of letters, funding proposals and follow up asks
- Communications with current and prospective supporters
- Supporter recordkeeping in ThankQ CRM
- Invoicing and Gift Aid
- Organisational support for the Strategic Leadership Forum* and other Campaign events
- Lead generation, research, and networking
- Results focused
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Energetic and tenacious
- Organised, with good attention to detail
- Good track record of work to achieve financial targets
- Experience of fundraising and supporter management
- Knowledge of social science, Higher Education, HE funding and/or budgetary structures, policy
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Events experience
Terms and Application
Hours: 21-28 hours per week (0.6-0.8 FTE, spread flexibly across the week)
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Location: Central London, Moorgate EC2
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, addressing the role and person specification above, to Ms Helen Spriggs, Office and Membership Manager, on [email protected]
Deadline: noon on Thursday 7th September 2017.
*The Strategic Leadership Forum is an opportunity for senior staff at Higher Education Institutions and Learned Societies to meet to engage with current policy issues in the sector, receive expert briefings from senior members of the Campaign policy team, and hear from colleagues in the sector, external decision makers, influencers and thought leaders. It is open by invite to senior staff at Silver and Gold level supporter institutions.