Will you help the Campaign sustain social science at this time of great change?
The last few months have been unusually challenging for UK higher education and research. During this period, the Campaign for Social Science has played an increasingly vocal and prominent role.
Since April, we have:
- helped to inform many of the final recommendations in Lord Stern’s review of the REF;
- helped to coordinate responses to the Cabinet Office consultation about data sharing;
- been particularly active in debates over Brexit and the Higher Education and Research Bill.
All of these issues will continue to be vital to social science in the months ahead, and we now urgently need more policy capacity to sustain the level of engagement and advocacy that will be needed. Would you donate to this work?
Your support will help us bolster our policy team, comprising Sharon Witherspoon as Head of Policy and Ashley Lenihan as Senior Policy Adviser, both currently on a part-time basis, limited by our available funding. We also benefit from the voluntary efforts of many colleagues, especially Professor Bobby Duffy, Director of The Policy Institute and Professor of Public Policy at King’s College London, and a prominent commentator on research policy issues, who provides guidance and input to the team.
We hope you will join in building our efforts to defend and support social science through these uncertain times.
Donate below or contact the Campaign office to request an invoice
Other ways to help:
• Follow us on Twitter and keep up to date with what we’re doing to promote social science
• Offer your suggestions on how we can progress the campaign.
• Respond to government consultations – use our searchable Policy Monitor to find the latest
• Support the Campaign publicly – tweet a message supporting our work